Company Announces Great Back-to-School Savings and Top Products
FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--From binders in vibrant candy-colored hues to shag carpeting and LED chandeliers for lockers, Staples®, Inc (NASDAQ: SPLS). launches the back-to-school season in style with the hottest new product trends and guaranteed savings on essential supplies. Staples, the world’s largest office products company and top retail destination for back to school, offers an amazing assortment of designs and essentials throughout the season to fit students’ needs from kindergarten to college.
“Students want to personalize back-to-school supplies to reflect their personality without spending a small fortune,” said Alison Corcoran, senior vice president of retail marketing, Staples. “Staples makes it easy for parents and students to shop and save for back to school with the latest technology offerings, exclusive designs and must-have supplies at great values.”
Customers can save 15 percent throughout the season with the Staples Back-to-School Savings Pass. Available for purchase for $10 while supplies last, the BTS Savings Pass is valid until Sept. 15 for use once a day on supplies including pens, pencils, paper, notebooks and backpacks. The savings pass is not applicable on technology such as computers and calculators. For more information, visit www.staples.com/savingspass.
This year’s top trends and products for back-to-school include:
1. Sweet, Sci-Fi, Sandy and Serene - Staples leads the way with the latest trends for the back-to-school season. Third-party research from Sphere Trending™ resulted in four distinct pattern themes featured on products ranging from exclusive patterned Staples BETTER® Binders to mix and match notebooks, pencil pouches and other basics. Themes include Sugar Rush with vibrant candy-colored hues, Graphic Fantastic showcasing a return to 80’s sci-fi, Nantucket featuring breezy, floral patterns and Nomadic designs with earthy, tribal prints.
2. Launch into Windows 8 - Get a head-start with the exclusive Staples Worry-Free PC Promise - a $100 value - that allows customers to purchase any new computer and receive free online training, free phone support and a $15 Visa prepaid card when they update to Windows 8. Consumers who buy qualifying Windows 7-based PCs will get Windows 8 Pro for $14.99. These offers together allow customers to buy a new computer knowing they can update to Windows 8, and Staples will cover the cost of the update as well as offer training and address questions. For more details on the Staples Worry-Free PC Promise visit www.Staples.com/Windows8offer.
3. Food for Thought – Satisfy a hunger for knowledge with exclusive novelty-shaped apple and cupcake Staples® Tape Dispensers ($7.00). Note-taking is both sweet and savory with the Staples® Sweets Die Cut Memo Books ($1.00) including colorful fruit and cupcake shapes, or indulge in grilled cheese and PB &J with Staples® Lunch Box Adhesive Notes ($2.00).
4. Love Your Locker – Stand out in style with this season’s hottest locker accessories. Shine instant glitz and much needed light with the Locker Chandelier ($16.99) that illuminates with seven LED lights. Decorate from top to bottom with Magnetic Locker Wallpaper (3 pack sheets/$8.99) in fun and fashionable patterns or go retro with brightly colored Shag Rugs ($5.99)
5. A New Dimension – Make a statement with products that pop, featuring 3D graphics exclusive to Staples. From the eye-catching Staples® 3D Poly Portfolios ($1.99) to Staples® 3D Notebooks ($3.00), these new twists on the basics add new depth to the classroom and are available in assorted designs.
6. Let Your Wild Side Shine – Go on a school safari with zebra and leopard print tools exclusive to Staples, including the bold Staples® Compact Stapler ($5.00) that can attack up to 15 sheets of paper at a time. Keep notes organized with the sleek, lightweight Sustainable Earth by Staples™ Clipboard ($2.00) and Staples® Square Magnetic Clips ($2.00).
7. Play Ball! – It’s recess all day with these exclusive cool tools. Staples® Mini Sports Ball Staplers ($3.00) let students kick or shoot their sheets together with compact designs in various ball shapes. While Staples® Dugmore™ Sports Chairs ($39.99) bring students’ favorite sports to their desk. For active students, the high-performance Reebok Z Series Backpack ($64.99- $48.74 starting 7/1) handles sports gear, textbooks, tech toys, school supplies and more.
8. Fun, Fictional Flash Drives – From Homer and Bart to the Griffin family to Angry Birds, students can transport files with all their favorite characters with Sandisk Simpsons 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($14.99), EMTEC Angry Birds 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($14.99) and Sandisk Family Guy 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($14.99), all exclusive to Staples. Or take your files into the fast lane with Autodrive 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drives ($17.99) that feature Lamborghini, Mini Cooper and Aston Martin designs.
9. Colorful Collectors – Get organized in style with functional and fashionable exclusive designs such as Staples® 2-Piece Mesh Zip Organizer ($3.99), the perfect way to carry forms, coupons and reports or Staples® Printed Poly Zip Check Envelope ($1.99) with ultra-cool printed designs. Students can transport them all together with the easy-to-carry and fold Staples® Mini Poly Tote ($1.00).
10. Don’t Forget Mom! – The exclusive Martha Stewart Home Office™ with Avery™ product line at Staples helps moms stay organized in style. Avoid dinnertime dilemmas and plan school lunches with the Martha Stewart Home Office™ with Avery™ weekly planner ($4.99 and up) – an adhesive dry erase weekly planner for the fridge. Organize with Martha Stewart Home Office™ with Avery™ color coding files and labels ($2.99 and up) or coordinate schedules and appointments with Martha Stewart Home Office™ with Avery™ planning binders and accessories ($2.99 and up).
From basic essentials to way-cool supplies, Staples has students covered for the back-to-school season. Visit the Staples Back-to-School Center starting July 1 for more information. Media can visit http://www.staples.com/btspr for more news and photos throughout the season.
Staples is the world’s largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. The company provides products, services and expertise in office supplies, copy & print, technology, facilities and breakroom, and furniture. Staples invented the office superstore concept in 1986 and now has annual sales of $25 billion, ranking second in the world in eCommerce sales. With 88,000 associates worldwide, Staples operates in 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, making it easy for businesses of all sizes, and consumers. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com/media.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50323106&lang=en